Saturday, February 28, 2009

family update

Just wanted to give an update.
We have been pretty busy trying to get Chloe healthy, just over a month ago I took her in for her 2yr well visit appt. We tried a new pediatrician because I haven't been too impressed with other ones I have gone to. We really liked this one she actually listened to us! We have been concerned with her weight she is still only 21 pounds she has gained a total of 2 pounds this past year, she is a picky eater, we have also been a little bit concerned with her speech she doesen't seem to be talking as well as as most kids her age. So the pediatrician referred us to a dietician up at primary childrens hospital and to a program called Early Intervention. We went to both appointments the dietician pretty much wants us to get as many calories into her as possible she wants us adding butter to everything. She wants her to have her weight checked every month to see how she is doing, if there is no change we are going to try some meds that are supposed to help her appetite. At the other appointment they did some tests with her one of them was to check her hearing which she failed because she had a ear infection, so we got her on antiobiotics(this was at the beginning of the month) the ear infection never completely cleared up and this last weekend she had to go into the doctor again and get some more antibiotics but Sunday morning when she woke up we realized that her ear drum had to have ruptured so into the pediatrician again she said it was healing ok but to come in again in a week. On a positive note Chloe did qualify for Early Intervention, this is a program that a speech therapist will come and work with Chloe, we are excited that she will get this extra help now.

Kennedy is doing good, some how luckily Kennedy has been able to stay healthy this season. She is loving preschool, she is doing so well she is learning so much, she is reading a little bit she is such a smart little girl she has a special little friend at preschool that she loves to have playdates with. She is also loving primary class she loves singing time we have had neighbors tell us they can hear her singing over everyone else! We just found out this week that Kennedy got accepted to North Star Academy a Charter school here in Bluffdale she will be starting there in the fall for Kindergarten. Kennedy and Chloe adore each other they love each other so much. The first thing Chloe says when she wakes up is "Tennedy where are you" Kennedy is a protective big sister and helps out alot.

Justin is doing good too, his work has slowed down a bit. But of course he never slows down he is working hard on other marketing for the business. I am so thankful that he is such a hard worker and that he is so talented.

I am also doing good, just busy taking care of kids and a house. And when I get a minute I am making new hair things for the girls, making jewlery, I have even done a little sewing (curtains for the kitchen) and if im not doing any of these things I am shopping with my sister Mandy since she found out that she is having a baby girl she has gone crazy buying everything girly!

5 comments:

Felipe and Erika said...

That is SO great Kennedy got into Northstar! What a blessing, everyone raves about it!

Coombs Family said...

Hey! Glad to hear that everything is going well for you guys! I hope that miss Chloe gets better soon and that all of the doctor appts go away soon! :) So glad to hear that Kennedy got accepted into a charter school, KINDERGARTEN already?! My goodness Kaz! If you ever need anything don't hesitate to let me know! I miss you, maybe sometime we could get together? Talk to ya later!

scrapper84088 said...

Hey! I'm so sorry to hear of the medical issues with Chloe. No fun at all. I hope things turn around soon for her. I just wanted to let you know, that Gavin has been in Early Intervention since last April and he will graduate next month when he turns three. They do amazing things there! Gavin is a whole new kid and is talking like crazy now! Good luck to you guys! We need to get together soon, now that I don't work at night anymore!
Trine

Emalia said...

Good to hear about your family! That's great Chloe is getting lots of love and help. I guess you can't say no when she wants another cookie huu? If I let Kenzie eat everything she wanted to she'd probably eat till she threw up! I can't believe Kennedy will be in kindergarten soon! wow time flies. :-) I'd love to see you and your girls sometime.

Mandy and Chris said...

We love you!